A POINT OF CONTACT BETWEEN PHILOSOPHY AND DESIGN RESEARCH
CEPHAD is an informal international organization created to stimulate the flow of ideas between research in philosophy and research in design. Our purpose is twofold:
- to pioneer and consolidate the philosophy of design as a research discipline in its own right: philosophical inquiry into design. See Introduction to the discipline.
- to advance and supplement design research through its application of philosophy of design.
In constructing this site and the community around it, we aim at simplicity in style, yet potential for growth and development. Take a look to see how you can benefit from CEPHAD, and consider how you might contribute yourself, for the benefit of all of us.
Who we are
CEPHAD is a loosely organized and cross-disciplinary academic community. It is open to philosophers, design researchers and others who take an interest in the philosophical aspects of design and design research. No membership fees are required, and no formal membership status is granted. You become one of us (a ‘Cephadian’, as we say) to the extent you use the resources we offer and contribute to them yourself, in accordance with our mission. See also: Organisation.
What we offer
- Occasional workshop and conference events. (Most recently: CEPHAD 2010.)
- E-mail discussion and alerting list
- Links to relevant web resources of philosophy, design, and related matters
Suggestions and comments
Please feel free to contact us with questions, comments, or suggestions; e.g. on how we might improve our service to the research community or the public in general.
Centre for Philosophy and Design
The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Design
Philip de Langes Allé 10
DK-1435 Copenhagen C
Per Galle (Director)
E-mail: per.galle(at)kadk.dk. Please edit address manually.